Saturday, May 25, 2013

"A Moment to Reverse"

Funny how, in a moment's time,
                     I change.
                     I revert.
                     I reverse.
How what I wanted back,
                                         seems to me,
more trouble,
                      dare I say,
                                       then it is even worth...
Lo! but perhaps there goes I,
again,
trying to....
                  not be so....
                                      me.
In a moment I reverse from my adamant indignation
to the posture of a docile sheep.

Fuck it- I don't know.
Take control- damnit.
Don't be so...subjected.
Believe? In what?
In me? Perhaps.
In us? Unsure.

If the dragon would just put away his flaming tongue!
I might just be able to feel secure in the cage I was born into.

In a moment, I will question,
and be left in question,
and I'll look toward my heart, it will tell me so.
My mind, will duly confess, it just doesn't know.
Torn now I will be left to wonder.
Wondering, I will be left to dream.
Dreaming, I will be left to wake.
Awake.
Disenchanted.

9/11/12

No comments:

Post a Comment